For those who haven’t seen them yet I thought I’d post the “new” Draenei Female model. Yeah it’s April 1st but you know, think of the millions they could make from race changes if they actually did it. Scary. Hope they don’t think of it. Shhhh … we’ll keep that under our hats. Don’t want to give them any ideas.
Navi of The Daily Frostwolf liebstered me. I’m probably going to screw it up but as far as I can tell there’s no penalty for that so we’re cool. Below are the official rules that I will endeavor to adhere to:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Okay, let’s get right on this, here are the questions Navi asked me and my answers:
1. If you worked for Blizzard in the WoW department, what job would you like to do?
I’d like to work in the art department specifically in the department of the guy who revealed that “Over 1,000,000,000 Kobolds have been killed,” at Blizzcon 2013. I’d love to make all the little chotskies you see around towns that make them feel Tauren or Draenei. I can’t remember his name only that he was hilarious.
2. If any of these races became playable, which would you choose and why – Murloc, Naga, Ogre?
Ogre, their dance moves of course. I need something to counteract the shame of my left-footed Female Humans and who doesn’t FINALLY want to see what an Ogre woman looks like.
3. What has been your greatest frustration in WoW?
RNG. I hate it … mostly … except when it’s good to me … then … yeah, I like it.
4. If you could design a Children’s week orphan – what places would you take he/she to visit?
We’d go to Thousand Needles and we’d scuba down and I’d show them the old race track. Then we’d have to go to Storm Peaks mostly so they could listen to the beautiful music and look for the Time-Lost Drake. Probably have to stop by Tirisfal Glades and check out the Faerie ring too.
5. Name an item of clothing/weapon that you wish there was an in game equivalent of for transmog (eg Tinkerbell’s dress).
I’m with Cym on this one, we really need an Indiana Jones style bullwhip.
6. Do you prefer donuts, bagels or muffins? And any particular flavour?
Jelly donuts, I vaguely remember what they taste like it been so long since I’ve had one.
7. If you could have any car in the world – what car would you drive?
I’ve always loved Corvettes, I’d probably pick one of those.
8. What item do you want in game the most?
More dogs, we don’t have enough.
9. Tell me WHY you like your favourite three blogs! Ok that’s not a question …
The reason I like any blog is I feel a connection to the writer. I feel like I would like them if we met in real life. Blogs I go to for information aren’t the same as blogs where I just really like the writer and their thoughts.
10. What is the BEST thing Blingtron has given you?
That little shit never gives me anything good. I’ve even had my engineer call him, log out and let a different character try just in case there’s some personal issue between them affecting the quality of the package. Nope, didn’t work. I don’t know who that little stupidhead is giving the good stuff to but it isn’t me. He gives me G91 Landsharks and Super-Heated Oil.
11. Tell me about your most cringeworthy moment (doesn’t have to be WoW).
A million years ago a friend and I stopped at an arcade as they wanted to play horse racing game. I was so proud of how well I was doing. I am so PRO! I am a horse racing god! Yes, I AM THE GOD OF HORSE RACING.
And then it was over and I lost cause the horse I thought was mine was the machine’s. The cringeworthy moment came when I laughed so hard I split the seam in my pants and had to try to get out of there without being … without showing my … you know.
Okay now I’m going to cheat a little. I know who Navi and Cymre nominated but I’m not going to go check and make sure my picks haven’t been nominated other than those so forgive me if you’re already been nominated, it just means we like you especially much.
1. How long had you been playing WoW when you realized it was not a passing fancy but true love?
2. Are you a screen shot taker and if so guesstimate how many you still have.
3. What is your favorite zone and why?
4. What are you most looking forward to or dreading about Warlords?
5. Who is your favorite non-essential character in-game? A favorite repair guy or an auctioneer that you always must deal with.
6. When I started my blog I was too scared to comment on others. Blog Azeroth Thanksgiving Event 2011 changed that for me. Is there an event or blogger that made you feel comfortable commenting on blogs?
7. Do you have any strange WoW quirks? For example I seem to think the harder I hit the keys the more forceful my attacks are. I know … but it can’t hurt.
8. Do you have WoW themed things in real life? Example.
9. Are you lucky enough to have real life friends or a spouse who plays WoW too or are you bravely going it alone?
10. Do you still find surprises in-game that you didn’t know were there? I recently saw someone selling a Wine Glass. How did I miss that! My bank alt needs one!
11. Finally, do you think you’ll still be here when they pull the power and turn off the lights? I know I will.
OMG! OH NO!
I just reread the rules, look at number four. Crap. Provide 11 random facts about yourself. Crap, crap, crap. I don’t want to be a scofflaw but I’m about done in here.
1. Pizza is my favorite food.
2. My best friend’s name is Mike and he’s a dog.
3. I used to think my ears were pointy like an elf but they really aren’t, I don’t know why I thought that.
4. When I was young I am SURE my eyes were blue but now they’re green. What’s that about anyway?
5. I try to eat healthy, that’s why I don’t remember what jelly donuts taste like … although I remember liking them.
6. I start conversations in the middle because for some reason I think you know what I was thinking. Yes, apparently I think everyone is psychic.
7. When I was young I was convinced I could fly if only I would overcome the doubt, that was the only thing stopping me from flying. The doubt. I was sure.
8. I wish I still thought I could fly.
9. I hang around out of the way places in WoW being real quite and unobtrusive because I’m sure … SURE … that one day one of the NPCs will go off-script and talk to me.
10. My hair is now about down to my waist. It’s ridiculous. I don’t WANT long hair I just hate getting my hair done.
11. Um … wait … um … geez. I know! I like apples with peanut butter on them! How’s that!
Whew, I made it! Your turn.
Well, out of MY control anyway. Logically I should be in control but it never seems to work out that way. The deal with booster Rose was she’d gain revered with the Shado-Pan and The August Celestials for the enchanting recipes and then do low level mining to help out the young jeweler. I THOUGHT this was understood.
Yes Rose, it’s wonderful that you got the recipes, well done … um … what are you doing there? Cloud Serpent Riding? You don’t need … okay … alright, but then it’s back to the old world and mining. Are we clear?
Geez … she kinda guilt tripped me there. She said since she has to do the grunt work at the very LEAST she should be able to have a fancy ride. I guess that’s fair. It won’t take that long, the jeweler can wait a bit. No harm done.
She’ll be done in no time and then … ROSE! What are you doing on the Timeless Isle! You don’t need top of the line Timeless Superstore clothes to mine copper! iLevel 490ish is more than adequate … damn, she stealthed on me. This type of behavior reminds me an awful lot of someone else. Kind of cheerful passive aggression or something. Is this a Druid thing?
I’ll ask Cat. What are you smirking about? I wanted to ask about Rose … what about the Celestial Tournament? What do you mean, how’d that go? Well we won. It doesn’t matter how many tries … we won.
I can’t believe this. Cat’s giving me a lot of grief over the fact that I scoffed about thinking she was the best pet battler. This week I let Lokkan the Shaman do the tournament as she could use the valor. She hit a few bumps. Cat always leaves Yu’la last as she’s the easiest, so did Lokkan. And she failed miserably. Luckily she had enough pets to make another team and squeaked by.
Alright, I’ll admit it! You’re the best pet battler … there … you happy Cat?
I don’t think I need to ask Cat about Rose, I think she just proved my point. Smarty pants, cheeky behavior? Definitely a kitty Druid thing.
This is demoralizing. I don’t seem to have any control over my characters. It’s almost like real life. I’m going to go hang with the dogs for a while, at least THEY do what I want … mostly … nearly always … ALRIGHT … sometimes.
Rose in her 90 boost outfit which she wore for five seconds. I only had one teeny, tiny issue at first with the boost. Flight paths, she doesn’t have any. She wanted to get right on getting rep with The August Celestials for her enchanting patterns. We were doing some grumbling on the ride through Krasarang Wilds when … eureka! Rose, we forgot! We can fly! Yeah, so flight paths not such a problem.
And I had been worrying about what the top level enchanting rod was going to cost her and was happily surprised that her crappy old low level rod works with 600 patterns. Whew, thanks for that.
But now what. I will not give in to the seduction of an instant jewelcrafter. No more boosts, they’ve got to do it the old-fashioned way. But who? Goblin Rogue Phanta’s the jeweler and is at level 22 but I really wanted to try getting a Belf Male leveled.
You should pick me, the ladies love me, as soon as I got here I was surrounded by these beautiful creatures, they can’t get enough of me … what? OH! My mistake! No, I’m sorry sir … I just thought … I meant no disrespect.
Man, he’s already causing trouble. I don’t know.
I also have a theory about why I can’t play plate wearers. I’ve noticed with the exception of the Warlock most of my characters are played like this:
Ohshit! oshit! … almost dead … get him! get him! shit shit shit … quick … heal … ohshit ohshit … okay whew … we did it.
Leather wearers kill fast and die fast, at least with me at the controls. This keeps my attention focused. I need to pay attention. Tota the Warrior is stuck at 60 because my mind would wander off in between blows. She doesn’t need me, she’ll take care of it. What should I make for dinner. Yeah, I lose focus. I seem to need the threat of imminent death to keep my attention.
Feral Druid, Windwalker Monk and Rogue I pay attention. Oh, and the Elemental Shaman’s the same way but I think that’s just because I don’t know what I’m doing.
So I really want to give this a try, he’d be my first 90 Male AND the first ever Paladin. Although I want him to do it the old-fashioned way I’m not a COMPLETE leveling purist. I would really like to have at least three heirlooms. I have them for ret spec but wanted to try prot.
I don’t want to wait for the Darkmoon Faire and the only other option is for Cat to spend around five or six thousand gold on the guild heirlooms and ship them off to him. Then I’d REALLY have to level him.
Time will tell if he can sweet talk Cat into that. It’s possible, it IS Cat we’re talking about.
I pre-purchased Warlords of Draenor as soon as I heard it was available. A boost to 90 was something I have no interest in but a profession boost for my Horde was something I wanted. It kinda caught me with my pants down. I was not prepared.
The two characters who were potential boosts were level 10 and 29. A Warlock and a Druid. Once again the ugly sister gets the shaft. I had promised Grak she’d get the boost but Rose was 29 so she’s getting it. I’ll make it up to Grak somehow.
So yeah … how’s that going? I realized we’re dawdling. We aren’t making much headway, it’s like Rose isn’t in any hurry to get to 60. In some ways that’s good, I’ve been able to get to know her and I’ll admit I was somewhat surprised.
I had thought she was a very serious type, I mean she is a Guardian of Cenarius. The Guardians have a lot of important work to do … and she’s what? Dancing? Oh … okay. Yeah, I see Rose. I guess you couldn’t pass up dancing with your double in Everlook. Besides being gear clones, there was even a resemblance … long lost cousins maybe?
Okay, let’s get going. Enough foolishness … you have to LEAVE Winterspring now Rose. Things to do, places to go. Let’s make it happen. Chop chop.
So she gets to Silithus finally. I figure she’ll have a lot of important work to do for the Cenarion Circle. So right away they give her an important assignment. Take out Vyral the Vile. She goes down in that scary cavern filled with dangerous Twilight nutcases and … dances? Rose!
Yup, there’s a ??? level Alliance down there. Probably finishing Loremaster or something. As soon as they see each other they break out in dance. I did not see this one coming. I did not see Rose as a party girl.
I was expecting a serious-minded, no nonsense, let’s get the work done character. Instead I seem to have a party Tauren … must be a Druid thing. If I didn’t know better I’d think Rose and Cat were related.
Anyway, Sasche? Hang on, your Enchanter/Miner is on her way. It just might take a little longer than we expected since she’s dancing her way to 60.
I don’t know, I’m just feeling Springsteenish. I could have titled it “Tramps like us, baby we were born to run.” While partly true because the Old Ladies WERE born to run I don’t feel comfortable calling us all tramps.
Anyway, it was great that Amerence joined us for the first time last night! It was nice that she told us who she was and gave us her blog. I spent the whole of the last OLRG run trying to figure out who Imraith was playing. I know … friend’s list … duh. But that brings me to my code word.
At some point in the evening I usually say, “I’m going to go get some wine.” It’s code for “from this point on I will probably die tripping over dryer lint the Mogu left laying around.” Or “I’ll stand in delighted amazement gazing at the pretty light all around me until … yeah dead.” It’s when I do things like trying to figure who someone is playing when the information is readily available. It’s my hard mode.
Anyway Cim had a great time, she’s going to make everyone else miserable now. She’s going to lord it over the other characters now that she’s the only one who actually did Mogu’shan Vaults on normal.
She spent most of the evening with a scary skull over her head. I’m not sure if it was to warn people away from her as she had something contagious or was it there to intimidate the residents of the Vaults. She’s one scary bad dude … yeah. You guys should just give up and move along. Yeah, I’m going with that one.
Okay, alright … he’s not really named Sue … he’s named Pam. I CANNOT play plate wearers, I have a theory now but never mind … back to Pam. I made him thinking maybe if I had a do-over I would “get” Death Knights. It remains to be seen. I’m running out of name ideas and all that came to me was … bulls … running of bulls … I got it! Pamplona! I know … questionable judgement there.
So he’s a class I can’t play and he’s named Pam … even Arthas is mocking him.
Oh for heaven’s sake Cat, you are the LAST
person Elf to be giving Hearthstone advice. So yeah … the Hearthsteed. I read this post at WoW Misadventures and got excited. I suck at this game, I quit playing after I was paired with “players of my own level.” Apparently there aren’t any of my level … I’m minus level. In the post there was talk of noob pwning. Maybe I have a chance!
Well they were right, there was a noob to be pwned … it was me. Started with Jaina … lose … lose … etc.
Switched to Warlock. Still losing but the games drug on forever and then lose.
Finally switched to Rogue. Many games later a win. YAY! I have like 12 more hours in the day to get two more wins! More time passes in agony and someone forfeits … LOLOLOLOL! I don’t know … they would definitely have won, maybe they had to get to class or something. Never mind, don’t look a gift Hearthsteed in the mouth.
Talked to Repgrind and she said to try ranked, it had worked well for her. Okay, clicked ranked and then all hell broke loose. The screen started flashing … no I’m not kidding … Angry Chicken at me. I thought well how did they know? I AM an angry chicken at this point. The Angry Chicken flashed at me a while and then … TADA! My third win! I have NO idea what all that was about … a pity win from the game? I didn’t DO anything. I don’t care, I’ll take it.
First, some background so you’ll know how I think. My husband and I watched Gravity recently. The next morning he said they really did an amazing job selling the whole “filmed in space” thing. WTF! But it WAS filmed … in … space … oh. I had totally bought it, it never entered my mind that George Clooney and Sandra Bullock weren’t in outer space … not once.
So it shouldn’t be a surprise that I “think” Cat is the best pet battler. She has no need for valor while others could really use it and yet I keep sending her into the Celestial Tournament because she’s the “best” pet battler. Sigh … note to self, send someone in there next time who needs the valor.
MAKE MY DAY SPICEMASTER! Go on! Say it! I will beat you to within an inch of your life, I will … oh … hi. Being broke really changes you. Liwu has become like a really, really mean repo man now that we’re broke. I mean they all used to pay the money rather than threaten violence … you know … all zen-like … now she’s out there kicking ass and taking names … geez.
Just one more thing. For those of you who think my bizarre total immersion in a game or movie is strange, I give you this. I fly on rental birds most places so I can minimize the screen and check email, make calls and stuff like that. I’m never there for the flight.
No one was there but Lokkan, the popular Draenei. When I come back I see this. I DIDN’T do it. I’ve never even heard of Fennerick. I can only assume Lokkan was trying to contact one of those chivalrous male characters she’s met. Who knows how long this stuff has been going on behind my back!
Not filmed in space indeed. Psssh.